Ancient physicians of Oriental Medicine discovered that there are certain methods of care that help us cultivate vitality and achieve longevity, living happily and healthily to 120 years of age. The 5 main branches of Oriental Medicine, include:
- “Right Thinking,” which includes exercise, both ancient and contemporary.
- Oriental Nutrition, which a diet of food that caters to an individual’s body type and the season
- Acupuncture, to restore circulation and function to the body.
- Herbal Medicine, which utilizes plants and mineral substances in specific combinations to restore circulation and function
- Massage, which involves the manipulation of bodily tissues to encourage function and circulation.
- Diet should be regular, three meals at regular times.
- One must eat breakfast.
- Exercise at least 2-3 times per week. One should sweat.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Do not smoke, or if you do quit early in life.
- Keep alcohol intake to a minimum.
- Maintain a normal healthy weight.
- Keep good friends and family around.
- Eat soft fruit with grains for breakfast. A warm meal is better.
- Massage ears when stressed.
- The best time for bowel movements is early in the morning (between 5-9am).
- Swallow saliva, do not spit it out, this can help your digestion.
- Always keep your back warm
- Move & stretch joints regularly to keep mobility.
1. Excess drive towards fame & fortune.
2. Too much anger &/or joy.
3. Anything related to reproduction in excess, i.e. sex, births, abortion, miscarriage.
4. Poor diet.
5. Over-thinking, pensiveness, not taking time to shut your mind off, take breaks.